The successful candidate will work as a senior developer on a volatility management, pricing and quoting system. This team focuses on leveraging and enhancing the existing trading platform for the flow desks, which includes market making, quoting and sales for securitised and structured products.
• Design, develop, document, and maintain modules of a existing system, for which she/he takes ownership of.
• Participate in code reviews and design sessions for other parts of system.
• Communicate with business and the rest of the team on daily basis to understand business and technical requirements to the product being developed.
Skills / Knowledge Required:
- 4+ years solid core Model/Controller experience;
- not web-based UI/workflow based experience
- 4+ years of solid Unix including shell-scripting
- 4+ years of developing database objects from an application perspective for Java or C++ based applications thus capable around the Java/database layer;
- Not DBA administration
- Background in C++ on Unix is probably a good indicator of a suitable candidate because they will probably have built up experience around the "core" application functionality;
- Not UI functionality
- Experience of working on core, real-time, multi-threaded,
- Shared memory, computational applications;
- Not User-centric or reporting applications
- 2+ years experience of middleware technologies since this is the main input/output layer for the application
This assignment requires a permanent move to London, UK.
The company provides the work permit in the UK. After a year spent on-site, the candidate will have an option either to stay in London, or join an off-shore part of the development team in a senior technical or managerial role.
The company offers very competitive compensation package for successful candidates.
Please send your detailed English CVs firstname.lastname@example.org with a mark Sr Java Developer(London)